All video submissions must be:
- 1 minute or less. Unfortunately, any video submissions longer than 1 minute will not be considered for inclusion in the television special.
- Shot horizontally, not vertically. Unfortunately, we cannot accept vertical video submissions.
- You must clearly state your name, where you live (your state is fine), and the local public television station where you watch us. We want to know who you are!
- 1080p (size) and 29.97 or 30 fps (frame rate). We cannot accept lower resolution submissions.
Your submission must be received by no later than April 8, 2019.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR. America’s Test Kitchen Limited Partnership, located at 21 Drydock Avenue, Suite 210E, Boston, MA 02210, is the sponsor (“Sponsor”) of America’s Test Kitchen 20th Anniversary Fan Video Contest (the “Contest”).
2. CONTEST DESCRIPTION. We're celebrating a big anniversary this fall. America's Test Kitchen has been on public television for 20 years! And we need your help. Enter for a chance to have your fan video featured in a special hour-long episode of the show. One grand prize winner will get a behind-the-scenes tour of America’s Test Kitchen in Boston. Enter by submitting a video about what America’s Test Kitchen means to you, following the rules below. The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. ET on March 7, 2019 and ends at 9:00 a.m. PT on April 8, 2019.
3. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, go to the contest webpage. Submit the video to our Dropbox site during the Contest dates. The video must be shot in 1080p and 29.97 or 30 fps, must be oriented horizontally rather than vertically, and must be one minute or less. In the video, contestants must clearly state their name, state of residence, and the local public television station where they watch America’s Test Kitchen, and then state (a) why they love America’s Test Kitchen; (b) how America’s Test Kitchen has changed their life or transformed their cooking; (c) which recipe made them a fan of America’s Test Kitchen, if applicable; and (d) a favorite America’s Test Kitchen moment or memory. Submissions must be received no later than April 8, 2019.
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES. Each contestant can enter the Contest only once. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, or misdirected requests, which are void. Multiple contestants are not permitted to submit the same video. Contestants must share their own videos; contestants may not submit a video that is not their original work. To be eligible to win, contestant’s video must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement. The video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous. The video must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, and the video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in the state where the video was filmed.
a. Contestant represents and warrants that: (i) contestant has obtained permission from any person whose name or likeness appears in the video to submit the video and to allow Sponsor to use the video as described in 4(b); (ii) contestant owns all rights to the video, including, without limitation, copyrights; (iii) broadcasting of the video by Sponsor will not infringe on any third party rights; (iv) contestant will indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and related parties from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of contestant’s representations and warranties herein, contestant’s video, or contestant’s conduct in filming the video or otherwise in connection with this Contest; and (v) all persons appearing in the video are 18 years of age or older.
b. By submitting a video, contestant irrevocably grants Sponsor an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, unconditional, royalty-free, exclusive (except with respect to Contestant’s own use of the video) right and license to edit, modify, adapt, distribute, post, publish, reproduce, store, copy, publicly display, exhibit and or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used) the video and all elements thereof, in whole or in part, including any persons or likeness embodied therein (in each case, as submitted or as edited/modified in any way by Sponsor, in its sole discretion) in any way, in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, without attribution, compensation, permission or notification to the contestant, his/her successors or assigns or any other entity, and without notice, review, or approval from contestant or any other party. All winners must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release concerning his or her eligibility to participate and the use of his or her video, appearance, name, voice, image, and likeness before, during and after the Contest. Contestants agree to sign all legal forms deemed necessary by Sponsor to establish Sponsor’s right and license in and to the video. By entering the Contest, contestant acknowledges that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post contestant’s video. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to contestant.
5. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, their advertising and promotional agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, manufacturers, licensees or agents, and the immediate family members of, and those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to participate in this Contest. Previous winners of Sponsor contests, sweepstakes, or giveaways are not eligible to participate. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Each contestant’s eligibility is expressly conditioned on his or her acceptance of these Contest Rules and the representations contained herein.
6. JUDGING. All eligible entries will be judged by a panel of five (5) judges consisting of America’s Test Kitchen’s Executive Producer, TV & Podcasts; Producer, TV & Podcasts; the two (2) Hosts and Executive Producers; and the Chief Creative Officer. The judges will evaluate the submissions based on how compelling they are and will select the ones that they feel tell the best story about America’s Test Kitchen. The Executive Producer, TV & Podcasts, and the Producer, TV & Podcasts, will narrow the submission pool to the top twenty (20) submissions. The full set of five (5) judges will then select the top four (4) or five (5) videos from the top twenty (20) as winners, and these videos will be shown on America’s Test Kitchen’s 20th Anniversary Special. Showing the winning videos on America’s Test Kitchen is deemed to have no monetary value. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected from the top five (5). The decisions of the judges are final on all matters relating to this Contest.
7. PRIZES. Up to five (5) winners will have their videos shown during America’s Test Kitchen’s 20th Anniversary Special. One (1) grand prize winner and their one (1) guest will receive a three (3) day, two (2) night trip during the period of Spring 2020 (as selected by Sponsor) to attend a private tour of America’s Test Kitchen in Boston, Massachusetts. Prize includes (a) admittance for two (2) to the tour; (b) round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) from the major U.S. commercial airport closest to winner’s residence to Boston, MA; (c) three (3) days, two (2) nights’ standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations at a hotel in Boston chosen by Sponsor; (d) two (2) gift bags of America’s Test Kitchen merchandise including cookbooks; and (e) $250.00 in spending money. Total combined approximate retail value of the grand prize is $3,000. Actual value will be determined by winner’s residence and seasonal rates. Any difference between the actual value and the stated value will not be awarded. The grand prize winner and their guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including same departure and return dates as selected by the Sponsor, or forfeit all rights to the prize. All travel, accommodations and events are subject to availability, change and certain restrictions. Travel arrangements will be made by Sponsor for the grand prize winner and their guest using a travel agent of the sponsor’s choosing. Sponsor will make hotel arrangements for the grand prize winner and their guest and present the grand prize winner and guest each with a tote bag with America’s Test Kitchen merchandise and cookbooks. If potential grand prize winner cannot accept prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner. The grand prize winner and their guest (who must be at least 18 years of age) are responsible for all required travel documents and any travel insurance. Once travel documents are issued, travel arrangements may not be changed without the approval of Sponsor. Approval may be withheld for any reason whatsoever.
8. RELEASE. By participating, all contestants hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, its partners, and their promotion and advertising agencies, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, from any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, and damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize in the Contest or their participation in the Contest.
9. GENERAL RULES. Winners will be notified by email on or about November 7, 2019. All winners will have 72 hours to respond and return a completed Affidavit of Eligibility and Release. If the winners do not respond within the allotted 72 hours, alternate winners may be chosen. No substitution or transfer of prize by winners permitted. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Contestant assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of any prize. By participating in this Contest, contestant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules and the judges' decisions, which are final. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules, the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, in the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. No prize pick-up is necessary.
10. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of CONTESTANT/guest in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the COMMONWEALTH of Massachusetts, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction. Except where prohibited, contestant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will contestant be permitted to obtain awards for and contestant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
11. WINNERS. To learn who has won the Contest, check the America’s Test Kitchen Facebook page on or around November 7, 2019.
12. OTHER RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest (or portion thereof), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and to limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Contest Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the contestant has not complied with these Official Contest Rules. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for electronic hardware, programming or software malfunctions or failures, or line connections, accessibility or availability, or technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by contestants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from contestant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at any time without explanation.