Proof is an award-winning narrative podcast from America's Test Kitchen hosted by James Beard Award-winning journalist Kevin Pang. It’s a podcast that takes listeners into the curious, often unexamined and unexpected corners of the food world, and turns seemingly small questions into expansive storytelling journeys. The questions that Proof stories dive into shouldn’t have easily Google-able answers.
In the last 12 months, Proof was named Best Podcast from the International Association of Culinary Professionals, and nominated for Best Food Podcast from the iHeart Podcasts Awards and the Signal Awards.
Here is a sample of past Proof episodes:
- A Chicagoan's quest to create the World's Greatest Italian Beef.
- Our story on the theme: One person’s trash is another person’s treasure.
- White Tower. Arthur Treacher’s. Mahalia Jackson’s Glori-Fried Chicken. Where did these fast food chains disappear to? Pulitzer Prize-winning author Marcia Chatelain investigates.
- Proof's Guide to Hangovers (an homage to Bill Nye the Science Guy)
- Host Kevin Pang dives into how his dad became a YouTube cooking show star.