Proof is an award-winning narrative podcast from America's Test Kitchen hosted by James Beard Award-winning journalist Kevin Pang. It’s a podcast that takes listeners into the curious, often unexamined and unexpected corners of the food world, and turns seemingly small questions into expansive storytelling journeys.
The questions that Proof stories dive into shouldn’t have easily Google-able answers.
We’re looking for pitches to fill our Season 12 lineup that speak to one of the following prompts:
- The history behind a delicious accident
- A story involving free food samples (i.e. at supermarkets or Costco/other wholesalers, elsewhere)
You can interpret these themes however you wish, but remember Proof is a show about unexpected or surprising aspects of food and drink, and the people behind it.
The deadline for pitches is 11:59 PM ET on Sunday, Sept 4. We will review these pitches after we get back from the Labor Day holiday (Monday, September 5).
Here is a sample of past Proof episodes:
- Our story on the theme: One person’s trash is another person’s treasure.
- White Tower. Arthur Treacher’s. Mahalia Jackson’s Glori-Fried Chicken. Where did these fast food chains disappear to? Pulitzer Prize-winning author Marcia Chatelain investigates.
- Host Kevin Pang dives into how his dad became a YouTube cooking show star.