From The Complete Plant Based Cookbook
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 1 pound seedless red grapes, halved (2⅔ cups)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon table salt
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 1 teaspoon juice
- 4 (½-inch-thick) slices crusty bread
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Adjust oven rack 4 inches from broiler element and heat broiler. Melt oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add grapes, sugar, 1 teaspoon thyme, and salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until grapes begin to soften and juices thicken, about 7 minutes; transfer to bowl, stir in lemon zest and juice, and set aside to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, arrange bread in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Broil until bread is deep golden and toasted on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
3. Spread almond butter evenly over toasts and, using slotted spoon, top with grapes. Drizzle with grape juice to taste and sprinkle with almonds and remaining ½ teaspoon thyme. Serve.