You know them. You love them. But just how amazing are eggs? Let us count the ways with these fun facts.
1. The average American eats 279 eggs per year, or about one egg sandwich almost every workday.
2. In 2019, a photo of an egg beat out Kylie Jenner for most-liked Instagram post, racking in an impressive 28 million likes at the time to beat out Jenner's 18 million on a photo of her newborn daughter.
5. States that produce the most eggs for eating:
6. In 2019, China produced 662 billion eggs, almost six times the amount produced in the United States.
7. A hen lays around 300 eggs per year, almost one egg per day.
8. One large egg contains about 6 grams of protein.
9. You can sometimes predict the color of the eggs your hen will lay by looking at their earlobes. If they have white earlobes, they will probably lay white eggs; if they have red earlobes, they will probably lay brown eggs.
All About EggsWhen it comes to buying eggs, choosing between brown and white or large and jumbo is just the beginning. Here we clear up the confusion and give tips on how to store your eggs so that they stay their best, most delicious selves.
Sign up for the Well-Equipped Cook newsletter
Shop smarter with our ATK Reviews team's expert guides and recommendations.