Serves 4 to 6
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 recipe Infinite Sauce, melted, divided
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon table salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (2 cups), plus extra for serving
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
1. Toss panko with 1 tablespoon Infinite Sauce in bowl and microwave, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
2. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain pasta and return it to pot.
3. Add remaining ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, Parmesan, remaining Infinite Sauce, reserved cooking water, and 2 tablespoons chives to pot with spaghetti. Set pot over low heat and, using tongs, toss and stir vigorously to thoroughly combine, about 1 minute. Remove pot from heat, cover, and let pasta sit for 1 minute.
4. Toss pasta vigorously once more so sauce thoroughly coats pasta and any cheese clumps are emulsified into sauce, about 30 seconds. (Mixture may look wet at this point, but pasta will absorb excess moisture as it cools slightly.) Season with salt to taste. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon chives and serve, passing Infinite bread crumbs and extra Parmesan.