Is there anything better than snacking on a crispy chicken wing? Yes. But only when said wings are doused with that “Infinite” brown butter soy sauce we’re obsessed with. I’ve eaten Infinite Sauce on steak. I’ve eaten Infinite Sauce with spaghetti. This week, it’s all about the essential snack for game day (or really any day): Crispy Infinite Wings.
This recipe starts with making crispy wings. Whether you deep fry, oven-fry, grill-fry, or air fry (my personal favorite)—I leave that up to you. This air fryer recipe (see below) comes from our upcoming Healthy Air Fryer Cookbook, could not be simpler and the results are the crispiest crunchiest chicken wings without any additional oil. Sure, these wings get tossed in brown butter at the end, but that’s besides the point.
Sign up for the Notes from the Test Kitchen newsletter
Our favorite tips and recipes, enjoyed by 2 million+ subscribers!
It’s important to whisk your Infinite Sauce until well combined before tossing your wings in order to redistribute those tasty brown butter soy solids. Other than that, the rest is straightforward. Toss your wings with Infinite Sauce in a big bowl until uniformly coated and serve. I recommend serving these with extra lemon wedges. The bright punch of acid really makes these wings pop.
I’m really looking forward to even more recipes using this delicious brown butter soy Infinite Sauce. Stay tuned!
Sam's Crispy Infinite Wings
If you buy chicken wings that are already split, with the tips removed, you will need only 2 pounds. Be sure to whisk your Infinite Sauce together until well combined before step 2.
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, halved at joints, wingtips discarded
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons Infinite Sauce, melted
- Lemon wedges, for serving
1. Pat wings dry with paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange wings skin side up in single layer in air-fryer basket. Transfer basket to air fryer and set temperature to 400 degrees. Cook until wings are golden brown and crisp, 18 to 24 minutes.
2. Add Infinite Sauce into a large bowl, add chicken wings, and toss until wings are uniformly coated. Season with salt to taste, then serve immediately with lemon wedges.