Wrapping asparagus spears in prosciutto isn’t groundbreaking, but it totally works. It’s elegant, tasty, and as easy as roll, broil, and serve.
Boursin Is What Your Proscuitto-Wrapped Asparagus Has Been Missing
But you know what makes it even better? Boursin.
Sign up for the Notes from the Test Kitchen newsletter
Our favorite tips and recipes, enjoyed by 2 million+ subscribers!
There’s something special about Boursin. It’s a creamy, spreadable French cheese full of garlic and herbs. The Boursin applications are endless! Pork chops, baked potatoes, pasta, or in this case prosciutto-wrapped asparagus.
The recipe is so simple. Add a thin schmear of Boursin onto prosciutto and wrap it around your asparagus, broil, and devour. Done and done.
You’ve gotta try this. The Boursin takes this already simple appetizer to a whole new level. It makes it feel, dare I say, fancy? Tender asparagus bundled up in a cheesy, garlicky crispy prosciutto jacket?
Boards: Stylish Spreads for Casual GatheringsWhen it comes to entertaining there’s nothing as crowd pleasing and visually impressive as a well thought out grazing board.
Serves 4 to 6
If necessary, you can substitute thin asparagus for thick: Just roll two thin spears into each bundle. Don’t overcook the asparagus in step 3 or the prosciutto will turn tough and leathery; the spears should just be warmed through before serving.
- 2 pounds thick asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (5.2-ounce) package Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese, room temperature
- 16 thin slices prosciutto (8 ounces), cut in half crosswise
1. Adjust oven rack 3 inches from broiler element and heat broiler. Toss asparagus with oil and lay in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Broil until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes, tossing halfway through broiling. Let asparagus cool slightly.
2. Spread Boursin evenly over each piece of prosciutto. Roll prosciutto around center of each asparagus spear and transfer to clean rimmed baking sheet.
3. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Bake prosciutto-wrapped asparagus until just warmed through, about 5 minutes. Serve warm.