Last week we were all hit with some pretty gut-wrenching news.
The Choco Taco is gone. Kaput. RIP Choco Taco.
This beloved ice cream treat has always had a special place in my heart. We had a connection. After all, it was invented just one town over from me in South Jersey.
Sign up for the Notes from the Test Kitchen newsletter
Our favorite tips and recipes, enjoyed by 2 million+ subscribers!
The Choco Taco concept is brilliant. Ice cream, fudge, chocolate shell, and peanuts sandwiched into a waffle cone taco shell.
You get all the components of a Drumstick in a single bite.
So it only felt right to pay homage and figure out how to (easily) make one myself.
All you need is 4 ingredients:
- Store-bought chocolate pizzelle cookies
- Fudge ripple ice cream
- Chopped peanuts
- Melted chocolate
Let’s break down how to do it.
- Microwave your pizzelles, one at a time, for 45 seconds until pliable. Let them cool in a taco holder (or just hold them with your hands for 30 seconds until they set).
- Fill your shells with ice cream. I found a piping bag to be easiest here.
- Roll your tacos in chopped peanuts.
- Dip the top of your taco in melted chocolate. Freeze until set.