I Have Leftover Pumpkin Puree. Now What?
Sadly, we don’t always use the whole can. We scoop out a few spoonfuls. Then into the fridge it goes, unused and probably pouting. Poor thing.
Which begs the question: What can you do with leftover pumpkin puree?
These recipes and ideas are sure to use up the rest of it.
Sign up for The Thanksgiving Success Series
Be Thanksgiving-ready with the help of the Test Kitchen experts.
If you want to keep baking. . .
- Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (1 cup puree)
- Pumpkin-Chocolate Snack Cake (1 cup puree)
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies (¾ cup puree)
If you want to keep it savory. . .
- Pumpkin Turkey Chili (1 cup puree)
- Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Cream Sauce (½ cup puree)
If you only have a little bit left. . .
- Make pumpkin syrup for lattes or margaritas
- Spoon into Greek yogurt, oatmeal, or hummus!
- DIY compound butter
- Add into curries and stews
- Whisk into maple syrup for a tasty pancake topping
- Stir into mashed potatoes
And if you just can’t decide. . .
Go ahead and freeze it. Pumpkin puree can be frozen in an airtight container with parchment pressed on its surface. It will last up to two months.