I Have Leftover Egg Whites. Now What?
A lot of egg yolks.
Which means your fridge is bulking up on leftover egg whites. Now what? Turn it into a face mask?
OK. Don’t rub them on your face. But don’t throw them away, either.
Sign up for the Notes from the Test Kitchen newsletter
Our favorite tips and recipes, enjoyed by 2 million+ subscribers!
If you only have a few . . .
- Brush them on top of your apple pie
- Use them to glue your ravioli together
- Shake a cocktail
- Snack on crunchy spiced nuts
- Make supercrispy chicken nuggets
- Whip up royal icing for cookie decorating
- Bulk up your morning omelet
If you have more than a few. . .
- Make a show-stopping pavlova
- Or easy meringue cookies
- Bake a fluffy white layer cake
- Or even fluffier angel food cake
If you still can’t decide. . .
That’s OK. Egg whites freeze really well. Transfer to an airtight container (or even an ice cube tray!) and freeze for up to three months.