When I say air fryer, you say. . .fruit?
Maybe not. But after making this recipe, you’ll be shouting it from the rooftops.
This gist is this: Roasted fruit. On a thick piece of toast. Slathered in almond butter.
And a very good morning to you.
Sign up for the Notes from the Test Kitchen newsletter
Our favorite tips and recipes, enjoyed by 2 million+ subscribers!
The key is to assemble your toast before air frying. Spread almond butter onto your bread. Top with fresh fruit. Air fry for 10 minutes. Drizzle with honey. Devour.
Not only is this recipe easy and delicious. It’s versatile too.
Lots of different fruits will work here: Bananas, grapes, and berries tasted the most delicious. (Citrus fruits dried up and turned bitter in the air fryer.)
You can use peanut, cashew, or whatever nut butter you have on hand.
If honey isn’t your thing, use maple syrup or even agave. That little touch of sweetness really brings all the flavors together.
Feeling extra daring? Finish with a sprinkle. Toasted nuts, seeds, or even shredded coconut will give your toast that extra satisfying crunch.
Go ahead. Air-fry your fruit now. You’ll thank me later.
Roasted Fruit and Almond Butter Toast
Total Time: 15 minutes
This recipe can be easily doubled.
- 2 ounces ripe banana, seedless grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and/or hulled strawberries
- 2 tablespoons natural, unsweetened almond or peanut butter
- 1 (1⁄2-inch-thick) slice rustic whole-grain bread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
1. Slice banana 1⁄4 inch thick, halve grapes, and/or quarter strawberries. Spread almond butter onto bread and top evenly with fruit. Place bread into air-fryer basket. Place basket into air fryer and set temperature to 400 degrees.
2. Cook until fruit begins to caramelize and toast is golden brown around edges, 6 to 10 minutes. Transfer bread to plate and drizzle with honey. Serve.