Isn’t roasted garlic the best?
This Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing Doesn’t Contain Any Cream
After an hour-long nap in the oven, the cloves go from white to golden. From firm to creamy. From vampire-killing to sweet and mellow.
It becomes the perfect canvas for this Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing.
Sign up for the Notes from the Test Kitchen newsletter
Our favorite tips and recipes, enjoyed by 2 million+ subscribers!
This dairy-free dressing is creamy without any cream. It gets its hearty texture and body from garlic. Three whole heads worth!
Roasted garlic gets blended with white wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and fresh thyme. Drizzling in extra-virgin olive oil emulsifies the dressing, giving it a glossy finish. Sophistication at its easiest.
The Complete Salad BookSay goodbye to so-so salads. The Complete Salad Cookbook is a game-changing compilation of failproof, modern salad recipes.
The result is a rich, creamy, Caesar dressing look-alike that goes perfectly with salad greens, roasted veggies, and grilled chicken or steak.
Or just mop it up with some crusty bread. That works too.
Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing
Makes 1 cup
- 3 large garlic heads (3 ounces each), outer papery skins removed and top third of heads cut off and discarded
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap garlic in aluminum foil and roast until golden brown and very tender, 1 to 1¼ hours. Remove garlic from oven and carefully open foil packet. When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze cloves from skins (you should have about 6 tablespoons); discard skins.
2. Process garlic, vinegar, water, honey, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper in blender until smooth,about 45 seconds, scraping down sides of blender jar as needed. With blender running, slowly add oil until combined, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Dressing can be refrigerated for up to 1 week; whisk to recombine before serving.)