And the award for best spring holiday centerpiece goes to?
Ways to Use Up Leftover Ham That Isn’t Soup
Well deserved! It’s tender, sweet, and compatible with an array of side dishes.
Ham also makes for great leftovers. Which, let’s face it, you’re bound to have. So what do you do with it? Throw it into some soup? Again?
Nothing against soup. But you can do better.
Sign up for the Notes from the Test Kitchen newsletter
Our favorite tips and recipes, enjoyed by 2 million+ subscribers!
I love turning leftovers into a whole new meal. After a day (or two) of Easter favorites, it’s exciting to give leftover ham a serious makeover. Here are a few of my favorite ham transformation meals.
One-Hour ComfortLearn how to create crowd-pleasing recipes in no time with a variety of time-saving hacks that don't sacrifice flavor. No matter what you’re in the mood for, you can count on finding meals that satisfy sweet tooth or carb cravings alike.
If you still find yourself with a zipper-lock bag full of leftover ham, don’t worry. Add it to any of these dishes to use the rest of it up.
- Make your own Benedict (slice up the ham, add your poached eggs, and top with hollandaise sauce)
- Add ham to sandwiches! Grilled cheese, croque monsieur, or an HLT (think BLT but with ham)
- Stir chopped ham into your next batch of mac and cheese
- Cube up your ham and cook it with hashbrowns
- Sprinkle ham (and dare I say pineapple?) onto your homemade pizza
- Grab some store-bought puff pastry and make ham pot pie
- Kick homemade cornbread up a notch by adding chopped ham, jalapeños, and shredded cheddar
- Add a thick slab on top of your burger (with a fried egg because yum)