Parents and guardians, sign up to test recipes and hands-on activities designed specifically for young chefs ages 3 to 18. Help us ensure our recipes and activities are kid-tested and kid-approved by trying them at home and providing us with valuable feedback.
We welcome parents/guardians and child participants of all skill levels. Whether you’re new in the kitchen, an experienced cook, a curious eater, an engaged experimenter, or all of the above, we want to hear from you!
Parents/guardians must fill in their full name to sign up on behalf of their child as well as provide the birth year of the child participating so we may place them in the appropriate testing panel. If you have multiple children in your household, please sign up each child individually so we can ensure they receive recipes and activities to test that are appropriate for their age level.
What you'll get:
- Kid-friendly recipes designed and written for young chefs ages 3 to 18. Your child will provide feedback on how clear the instructions were and how the recipe tasted. They’ll help us ensure that recipes are as foolproof and delicious in your home kitchens as they are in our kitchen.
- Hands-on activities and experiments related to food, cooking, and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, the arts, and mathematics). Your child will provide feedback on whether they found the activity fun and engaging, as well as how clear the activity’s instructions were.
- Your child will receive recipes/activities to test that are designed for their age group, which is why we require their birth year when registering them for the program.
How it works:
- We ask our testers to make the recipe or complete the activity exactly as written and then fill out a brief survey. Depending on the age group, kids may be asked to fill out the survey alone or with a parent/guardian. We are looking to learn what your child thought of the recipe or activity overall, if any of the instructions were confusing or unclear, and if the results were fun and/or delicious. The survey takes no more than 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Let your young chef take the lead in the kitchen. While we understand that they’ll likely need your help with the dangerous parts, and to answer their questions, we want to see how kids interact with each recipe or activity. You may be emailed up to 3 recipes or activities per month. If you aren’t interested in a particular test or don’t have the time, feel free to skip it.
- Our testers have two weeks to complete both the recipe/activity and a brief feedback survey. If you don’t have time within the two weeks, feel free to skip this round.
- If you ever choose to skip a recipe or activity, don’t worry! We understand. You will still be part of our group of testers for future recipes and activities. There is also a place in the survey where you can tell us why you decided to skip this test—that feedback is valuable to us, too.
As our recipes and activities are under development, we respectfully ask that you do not post the recipe or activity instructions online or in any other media until the final version has been published.