Parents, sign up to test recipes and hands-on activities with your children ages 6 months -17. Our program includes recipes for families looking to cook for a household with children and recipes and activities designed for young chefs. Help us ensure our recipes and activities are kid-tested and kid-approved by trying them at home and providing us with valuable feedback.
We welcome parents and child participants of all skill levels. Whether you’re new in the kitchen, an experienced cook, a curious eater, an engaged experimenter, or all of the above, we want to hear from you!
Parents must fill in their full name to sign up on behalf of their children as well as provide the birth year of the child participating so we may place them in the appropriate testing panel.
What you'll get:
- Family-Friendly Recipes designed and written for families, whether you're looking for ways to introduce your child to solid foods or engage kids in the kitchen.
- Kid-friendly recipes designed and written for young chefs (ages 4 - 17). Your child will provide feedback on how clear the instructions were and how the recipe tasted. They’ll help us ensure that recipes are as foolproof and delicious in your home kitchens as they are in our kitchen.
- Hands-on activities related to food, cooking, and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, the arts, and mathematics). Your child will provide feedback on whether they found the activity fun and engaging, as well as how clear the activity’s instructions were.
How it works:
- When it comes to young chefs (ages 4-17), they should take the lead! We strive to take all kids seriously, to cook real meals happily, to learn through our (many!) mistakes—and have fun while doing it.
- We ask our testers to first make the recipe or complete the activity exactly as written and then fill out a brief survey. Depending on the age group or test, kids may be asked to fill out the survey alone or with a parent. We are looking to learn from your child what they thought of the recipe or activity overall, if any of the instructions were confusing or unclear, and if the results were fun and/or delicious. The survey takes no more than 5-10 minutes to complete.
- You may be emailed up to 3 recipes or activities per month. If you aren’t interested in a particular test or don’t have the time, feel free to skip it.
- Our testers have two weeks to complete both the recipe/activity and a brief feedback survey. If you don’t have time within the two weeks, feel free to skip this round.
- If you ever choose to skip a recipe or activity, don’t worry! We understand. You will still be part of our group of testers for future recipes and activities.
- As our recipes and activities are under development, we respectfully ask that you do not post the recipe or activity instructions online or in any other media until the final version has been published.