Thank you for your interest in testing recipes for America’s Test Kitchen. Our recipe testers provide valuable feedback on recipes under development by ensuring that they are foolproof in home kitchens. Here’s how our recipe testing works:
- You may be emailed up to 3 recipes per month. If you aren’t interested in a particular recipe, feel free to skip it.
- We ask our testers to first make the recipe exactly as written and then fill out a brief survey. We are looking to learn if any of the instructions were confusing or unclear, whether you would make the recipe again, and if the results met your expectations. The survey takes no more than 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Our testers have two weeks to complete both the recipe and the survey. If you don’t have time within the two weeks, feel free to skip the recipe. You will still remain in our pool of testers for future recipes.
- As our recipes are under development, we respectfully ask that you do not post the working recipe, pictures or commentary on the recipe online or in any other media until the final recipe has been published.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to participate. Parents or legal guardians must sign up on behalf of kid recipe testers.
Join one (or all) of our testing programs:
- Cookbook Recipe Testing - Test recipes for upcoming publications that may include anything from special diet books to equipment focused testing or cooking for your children. You will be able to opt-in and out of testing for each book depending on whether the subject matter appeals or applies to you.
- Cook’s Country Recipe Testing - From American classics to everyday favorites, test recipes for Cook’s Country magazine.
- Cook’s Illustrated Recipe Testing- Help Cook’s Illustrated investigate the how and why behind successful recipes from your home kitchen.
- Test Kitchen Shoppers - Help us ensure ingredient availability at your local grocery stores. We do this to ensure that the recipes we develop use ingredients that are widely available to all of our readers.
- Kid-Friendly Recipe & Activity Testing - Whether you're looking for ways to introduce your child to solid foods, engage kids in the kitchen or empower young chefs, help us ensure our recipes are kid-tested and approved by trying them at home. You may receive recipes and hands-on activities for young chefs ages 4-17 related to food, cooking, and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, the arts, and mathematics) or family-friendly recipes for parents and caretakers looking to cook for the children in their lives. Provide feedback on how the recipes and activities work—and how much fun they are. Parents must sign up on behalf of their children and provide the birth year of the child participating so we may place them in the appropriate testing panel.