When looking for a wheat-free substitute for all-purpose flour, no single gluten-free flour or starch behaves like wheat flour—a blend is a must. Because store-bought blends perform inconsistently—one product might deliver great cookies but...
America's Test Kitchen All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 24ounces (4 1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup) white rice flour
- 7 1/2ounces (1 2/3 cups) brown rice flour
- 7ounces (1 1/3 cups) potato starch
- 3ounces (3/4 cup) tapioca starch
- 3/4ounce (1/4 cup) nonfat dry milk powder
Makes 42 Ounces (About 9 1/3 Cups)
Whisk all ingredients in large bowl until well combined. Transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 months.
Vollrath Economy Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
OXO Good Grips 11 lb Food Scale with Pull Out Display
OXO Good Grips 11" Balloon Whisk